That’s the cornerstone of the work we are doing at EDEN every single day to provide housing solutions to those facing homelessness and housing insecurity.
But we need your help – now more than ever.
In the month of March alone:
- We moved 15 formerly chronically homeless residents, who traditionally experience the most significant barriers to housing, into permanent supportive housing buildings.
- We housed a total of 50 households (28 families, 14 single adults, and 8 single youth) through Rapid Re-Housing.
- We housed one family, one single young adult, and one single adult directly from shelter into a unit with a permanent housing voucher.
- We transitioned six families from a temporary housing program to a permanent housing program due to their vulnerability and need for additional assistance to avoid re-entering homelessness.
- We assisted 12 households with one-time assistance for a security deposit and/or first month’s rent in order to get them into a permanent unit.
- We assisted 14 families with funds to help with utility bills, back rent due, application fees and security deposits.
- We assisted two young adults with security deposits to move in to new units and one with assistance with back rent so they did not return to shelter.
- We completed orientations with 11 new clients approved for a permanent housing voucher.
We’ve never stopped working to provide housing solutions to those facing homelessness and housing insecurity. But the needs are ongoing, and increasing – and we need your support to continue meeting them.
“EDEN has helped me out again – this time, I was in a pinch from everything going on with the coronavirus, and I am very appreciative. Thank you.” – EDEN client
An EDEN housing stability specialist had a landlord call her with a problem. Three of the landlord’s tenants – all of whom were once clients of the Rapid Re-Housing program – had fallen behind on rent after losing their jobs due to the spread of COVID-19. The housing stability specialist and her colleagues are using funds from the Ohio Housing Finance Agency to provide back rent payments to these three households in order for them to remain stably housed in their units. “EDEN has helped me out again – this time, I was in a pinch from everything going on with the coronavirus and I am very appreciative,” reported one of EDEN’s clients. “Thank you.” Three more households with the space, safety, and security they need – that’s what we call success, every day.
One of EDEN’s properties in Cleveland.