March 18, 2020
Dear EDEN Landlords,
Thank you very much for your partnership and working with our subsidy programs. With the ever-changing information and directives regarding COVID-19, I’d like to update you on EDEN’s operations.
- We are open and will remain operational as long as possible.
- Essential functions will continue. At this time, we are not anticipating any delays in making timely landlord payments on behalf of our clients but will let you know if that changes.
- We are no longer accepting visitors at EDEN’s headquarters. In an effort to protect our participants, employees and partners we are taking measures to minimize the spread of the corona virus, which includes no longer meeting face to face with landlords at this time. Contact us via phone and email.
- If you normally come into HQ to pick up your check, we are encouraging you to sign up for direct deposit. Please find the form attached here. You can email the completed form to Mary Hill (email@example.com) or Lynn Walsh (LWalsh@edeninc.org)
- Inspections are limited to only emergency and initials for the time being
If our headquarters were to close, we will still remain open and available as we can continue major operations remotely. Our programs are funded by HUD and other partners so we hope we will continue to be able to make HAP payments over the next months and into the future.
We do not yet know how long this will be in place, but in the meantime, we are going to be working on releasing HAPs for any failed units for non-emergency or life threatening reasons in order to help keep people housed. Additionally, we will continue HAP payments after they expire (so long as the household is still in the unit) due to missed or skipped inspections. We will resume regular, rescheduled, and annual inspections at a later time.
If you have any questions or concerns about your HAP, the program, or your tenants, please contact us via email or phone. If you phone, please leave a message so we can get your call returned quickly.
Thanks again for your support of EDEN programs and participants. We will continue to be housing people during this time, especially so people can reside in place and maintain social distancing, so if you have any units available please let our staff know so we can help you get vacant units filled. We appreciate your partnership during these challenging times.